This page deals with how we handle your data; what data we collect, how we collect it and how we process it.
Cookies and Data
We use the following 3rd party services from Google that may set cookies in your browser:
- Google Analytics which we use to collect statistics on the number of visitors to our website. You opt out of this.
- Embedded YouTube videos.
- reCAPTCHA (I am not a robot) is used on our Contact page as a spam prevention measure.
You can read more about Google’s policies at https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites
This website does not hold any personal data (name, address, telephone number) of anyone who completes the contact form.
If you have completed the contact form and subsequently wish to have your details removed from our email system let us know.
We do not collect any health-related information, nor do we intentionally collect information from children under the age of 13.
The nature of the Internet is such that we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit to or by us via the Internet. No data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. However, we have taken all reasonable steps to protect your personal data.
We store data in files on Dropbox. This is a security measure in case of local hardware failure. Data on Dropbox is encrypted and access is via a password login. Dropbox is approved under the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield for data storage outside the EEA.
We will only pass on your information when we am obliged to by Irish or European law. Examples of recipients in this case are An Garda and the Revenue Commissioners.
We will not share your information with any other organisations for marketing, market research or commercial purposes.
We will only share your data with a third party such as one of our educators if you are engaging with our teacher and outreach education programmes and you have given us explicit permission to do so.
Under the GDPR you have the following rights as an individual:
- obtain details about how your data is processed by us;
- obtain copies of personal data that we hold on you;
- have incorrect or incomplete data corrected;
- have your data erased by us, where, for example, we have no legitimate reason for retaining the data;
- obtain your data from us and to have that data transmitted to another organisation (Data Portability);
- object to the processing of your data by an organisation in certain circumstances;
- not to be subject to (with some exceptions) automated decision making, including profiling.
This is a work in progress. It was last updated on December 11, 2018.