Stories that Move- Teacher Training Day Saturday 10 March 2018
Time: Saturday 10 March 2018, 09:30 to 16.30
Requirements: Teachers must bring their own laptop/tablet
Fee: €50.00 (includes lunch and all tea/coffee breaks)
HETI is pleased to announce a Teacher training day for a new online resource, Stories that Move, developed in part by the Anne Frank House, the Netherlands.
With the ever-present existence of antisemitism, racism and discrimination in Europe affecting the lives of young people, this project was developed with the intention of challenging young people (ages 14-17) to think critically about diversity and discrimination, and to reflect on their own position and choices in these matters.
The Toolbox also focusses on antigypsyism, discrimination of LGBT+ and discrimination of Muslims. This inclusive approach gives room to all young people’s voices making all learners feel included and involved. This will in its turn empower educators to discuss sensitive and complex issues both inside and outside of their classrooms.
The online toolbox Stories that Move
The toolbox consists of five ready-to-use learning paths with multiple layers of information, assignments and life stories.
The five learning paths:
· Seeing & being – Exploring how we see ourselves and others
· Facing discrimination – Understanding how prejudices and discrimination function
· Life stories – Exploring the personal stories of individuals
· Taking action – Reflecting on what taking action means and empowering young people
· Mastering the media – Looking at how propaganda, stereotyping, prejudices and hate speech are part of the online domain
If you are interested in learning more about the online toolbox and how to implement in in the classroom, you can sign up by contacting the HETI office by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone: 01-6690593.
Places will be reserved on a first come first served basis.
Stories that Move information sheet
Download Stories that Move information sheet (PDF, 334.67 Kb)